Monday, December 27, 2010

Look at those Big Brown EYES

Wow. I took this pic to showcase Jonah's missing teeth. But what struck me most about it is his striking brown eyes. Just like his dad. SO cute!

But onto the purpose of this post, Jonah can now officially sing, "All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth!"

This was a few days before Christmas. Jared had been trying for days, maybe even weeks, to wiggle these 2 teeth free. Jonah took care of that himself when he tripped going up the stairs & knocked out his teeth! He was OK, thankfully, but I think it caught him by a great surprise!
He was sent upstairs to get some clothes. We heard a clang on the stairs, followed by complete silence. That doesn't happen too often in our house so Jared went to the stairs to check it out. Jonah was laying on the stairs, staring at his tooth in his hand. Jared asked if he was OK, & Jonah said, "I fell & knocked out my tooth!" Then Jared noticed another tooth on the step in front on Jonah. So Jared replied, "It was more than one tooth, Champ!" So the teethe were retrieved & clean-up commenced. Jonah was a little stunned but quickly realized that there was more excitement to be had ... the anticipation of The Tooth Fairy!!

It only makes me realize that my babies are growing up. I wish I could freeze time some days...

No comments: