Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Big Truck Day on the Sturbridge Common

In mid-September they had Big Truck Day. The town common was full of every truck and big boy machine imaginable... fire trucks, a tank, police vehicles, dump trucks, a school bus, lots of military vehicles and construction work trucks. Among them was this Flag Truck, used to transport these enormous US flags that tour the country. They had a neat little ceremony where everyone participated in unrolling the flag on the town common, (which is the photo below). It gave me goosebumps and brought tears to my eyes to see that huge flag out and waving (everyone moved their arms up and down to make it wave). I'm proud to be an American!


The largest American flag I've ever seen. If I remember correctly, I believe this flag flew over the nation's capital at one point.

Of course we had to get a motorcycle picture. Here's Jonah on the local police bike.

And Merrik, waving to his fans.

2 comments:

Kelly Tillotson said...

Hello Cowden Family! We hope you boys had a Happy Halloween!!

Jennifer said...

I heard rumors that you had a blog.

Big Truck day looks very cool.

We need to come up to Sturbridge village sometime. How fun to live so close.